Even though the United States government recently approved a COVID-19 vaccine, it’s going to be quite a while before this pandemic tapers off and it’s safe to go about life as it was before. While the world continues to fight off the novel coronavirus, you must continue with your life and find new methods for handling familiar tasks. If you’re planning a move, follow this moving advice in Columbus, OH to ensure your experience remains contact-free and you, your family and the movers are all kept safe during this process.
Moving safely during the COVID-19 pandemic
With these tips and our moving packing checklist in Columbus, OH, you’re sure to be able to move safely from one residence to another. If you have questions about any of these tips, let us know. We’re happy to help people going above and beyond to limit the spread of the coronavirus:
- Order moving supplies ahead of time: Get in touch with us to order all of the boxes, packing peanuts, packaging tape, bubble wrap and any other moving supplies you’ll need before the movers show up on the scheduled date. With some of these items in short supply right now, you’ll want to order them as far ahead of time as possible to ensure you get what you need. Order these items for delivery at your home or arrange for contactless pickup at our facility.
- No-contact consultations: Instead of coming to your home to assess the total cost of moving your belongings, we’re asking our customers to take us on video or Zoom tours of their homes. This gives us more than enough information to provide you with an estimate for the cost of moving your household.
- Pack yourself: Right now, the safest way to pack your belongings for a move is to do it yourself. If you’re unable to handle all of this packing on your own, we ask that you confine yourself to a single room in your home while our movers pack everything.
- Follow CDC recommendations: When your moving day arrives, you must oversee the loading and unloading of your boxes, furniture and other items. When doing so, maintain a distance of at least six feet from the movers and wear a mask at all times. Also, instead of greeting you with a handshake, accept a friendly elbow bump from the movers.
- Isolation during the move: If you’re moving a long distance, you’ll want to travel to your new home in a car rather than by plane. Limit contact with others. Pack a cooler full of snacks and sandwiches to avoid unnecessary stops at restaurants or drive-thru windows. Stretch your legs at a park rather than a convenience store or gas station. Use hand sanitizer after touching anything outside of your vehicle. If the trip takes more than one day, opt to camp out in your car. In colder weather, check into a hotel, but bring your own linens and a small cache of cleaning supplies.
Quality Experienced Moving, Inc. takes every precaution possible to keep our clients and employees safe while staying open for business during the COVID-19 pandemic. If you need to schedule services or you’d like some additional moving advice in Columbus, OH, contact us today.