Hiring movers allows you to get furniture and other items from point A to point B without the hassle or logistical challenges of trying to move everything yourself. If you’re planning to hire moving services and aren’t sure what to expect from the process, it’s a good idea to prepare for movers by following some helpful tips. Keep reading for some advice and packing tips for moving in Columbus, OH.
Here are a few ways to prepare for professional movers:
- Sort through your possessions: Before hiring movers, take time to sort through your possessions. This is a great opportunity to discard items you don’t need and to get rid of garbage that’s been collecting dust. It’s also a great way to get reacquainted with items you haven’t accessed in a while. Sorting through items before hiring moving services is a great way to cut down on excess clutter and make the moving process as easy as possible.
- Take an inventory of your items: One of the best packing tips for moving in Columbus, OH is to take an inventory of all the items that will have to be moved. Make a list of everything that needs to be moved and include any pertinent information for your movers. For larger items, take down dimensions and any notes regarding assembly, disassembly and installation.
- Organize items for moving and storage: Take note of any items that must be stored or warehoused prior to being moved to their final destination. Organize your items into sections that will be easy for movers to access. Separating items based on where they’re going and whether they need to be stored streamlines the moving process and cuts down on confusion.
- Document items: Take photos of items before they are transported to establish their condition before moving takes place. Even when movers take great care moving items, accidents can happen. If your items become damaged during a move, you want to have photographic evidence to file your claim. Take the time to document your items by capturing photos and writing down any relevant details before movers start packing things up.
- Maintain communication with movers: Communication is key when it comes to a successful move. For the best moving experience, choose a company that prioritizes communication and customer care. Keep the lines of communication open throughout the process and make sure to contact your movers as soon as possible with any questions or concerns. Miscommunications with movers can quickly lead to all kinds of problems that are difficult and costly to address. Maintaining good communication ensures that moving and storage goes as smoothly as possible while minimizing complications.
Find quality moving and storage in Columbus, OH
If you’re looking for quality moving and storage in Columbus, OH, reach out to Quality Experienced Moving, Inc. We provide a wide range of moving and storage services, including installation, removal and unboxing of large items like furniture. Regardless of what your specific needs may be, our team is here to help. Give us a call for a consultation and quote!