Final mile delivery service in Columbus, OH has seen significant growth over the last decade, and it’s expected to more than triple in value as an industry in the 2020s, making it one of the fastest growing delivery sectors. As people continue to increase the amount of shopping they do online, these services will only increase in importance, while the methods used to provide them will continue to adapt with the times and technology.
These types of deliveries can include the following services:
- Delivery to threshold: The delivery driver will take the item up to your porch, to a garage or just past the threshold of a home or business.
- Large and bulky items: Final mile delivery services in Columbus, OH can be used for the delivery of items that would not typically fit within normal parcel delivery options due to odd shape or large size. This can include just about any kind of items, including furniture and appliances.
- Installation: Some businesses and manufacturers may provide final mile delivery services that even include installation, in which the delivery person will remove the item from the packaging and install it/assemble it for the buyer. This service will be more expensive, as it requires extra labor and expertise with the particular item in question.
- Trash removal: This service features removal of all trash associated with product delivery, including wrapping and boxes.
- Room of choice: This is a step beyond threshold delivery, in which the delivery person brings the product to the room in which it will be installed. This is common for appliances, furniture and exercise equipment, as well as other particularly large items like pianos.
The benefits of this service for your business
The benefits of using these types of final mile delivery services are clear in a time in which people are doing more online shopping than ever, exacerbated by the rapid spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. Businesses that are able to go the extra mile (or the final mile) with their delivery services offer greater value to their customers. As these services continue to proliferate, shoppers will specifically seek out businesses that offer them, which will result in those that do not being left behind. Ultimately, it is a matter of adding convenience and extra value to a product or service for the customer.
Greater value and convenience means greater customer loyalty and word-of-mouth advertising, and thus more sales. This is a service that can help you grow your business and expand your online ordering features. Considering the massive shift we’re seeing from in-person retail shopping to online shopping, it’s important to stay ahead of the curve and consider how you can improve your delivery services to enhance the entire experience for your customers.
For more information about getting customized delivery services in Columbus, OH, we encourage you to reach out to the team at Quality Experienced Moving, Inc. today. We’ll be happy to provide you further information about final mile delivery and the other delivery services we offer.